Chicken Parmesan with Pesto Zucchini Noodles, Amazon products I used this week, and Coronavirus precautions
Hi everyone, it was an interesting week that seemed quite long. I blame it on Daylight Savings Time and the CoronaVirus. Despite these things, we still have life to carry on with! So, this week’s weekly recap I include one of our family favorite recipes that is super quick and easy, along with some random items I used this week that came from Amazon. I’ll also recap what’s going on in the news, which is all everyone is talking about right now– Corona Virus.
Chicken Parmesan with Pesto Zucchini Noodles
This recipe literally took maybe 20 minutes to make. It’s very easy, low carb, and gives you a great source of protein.
What you need:
- 6 Zucchinis
- Spiralizer to make zucchini noodles (unless you want to buy them already done at the store… but it does cost more)
- 1 lb or two chicken breasts
- 5-7 small favorite tomatoes to cook Italian with (I used Sapori tomatoes)
- Sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms
- Pesto of your choice (I used Tomato Basil Pesto)
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Italian Seasoning
Drizzle olive oil in your pan, and turn on medium-high heat. Let the pan warm up while you prep your chicken. Mix salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese, and Panko Bread Crumbs in a bowl. Coat chicken breast in egg, then dip in bread crumb mixture. Set both chicken breasts in skillet while they cook on medium-high heat until cooked through (about 6ish minutes before turning to cook another 6 minutes on other side for smaller than 1/2 inch thick chicken).
While chicken breast is cooking, place zoodles, chopped tomatoes, and sliced mushrooms into another skillet and cook on medium for about 2 minutes or so (otherwise zoodles will get soggy). Remove vegetables from skillet and mix in pesto to your desired taste.
Once chicken is cooked through, place chicken on top of zoodles and sprinkle shaved Parmesan cheese over it.
That’s it! It’s so easy and so good. Enjoy!
Random Amazon Products I used this Week
Besides my current Amazon favorites that I’ve been using everyday for a while now (in my most recent blog post found here), this section is for random items that I use that I purchased on Amazon. The point of this is, to add convenience to your life with the click of Amazon delivery from your couch, while providing you with items you may not have thought to purchase that can make your everyday life easier!
This week’s random Amazon products include:
- Spiralizer for zucchini noodles – This spiralizer has 7 different blade options to cut and shape your vegetables to whatever you like (pickled chip zucchini noodles, spaghetti shaped butternut squash, etc.) It’s less than $26 on Amazon.
- Stainless Steel 1 tablespoon Measuring Coffee Scoop Spoon- I wanted something more accurate than a regular spoon to measure out my chia seeds for smoothies. So, I found these 1 tablespoon coffee scoop spoons that work great, and are cute! They come in a pack of three for less than $7.
In the News
With the growing concern over the spread of the Coronavirus, I thought I would put out a reminder of how to protect yourself and your family. You can always check the CDC.gov website for the most up to date information.
I believe in being proactive, rather than reacting out of fear. These are the steps that CDC has provided and what my family and I will be following:
- Clean hands often. Wash with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Sanitize frequently used items such as: phones, door knobs, countertop surfaces, etc.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- We aren’t bunkered down and locking the doors, but we have limited our activities from large, crowded areas. For example, we do not plan to go to the next big event where half the city is gathering.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Stay home when sick.
Well, that concludes this week’s Weekly Recap! I hope you all have a great weekend!