Checking in- How are we doing?
Happy Saturday! We made it through our first official week in Wisconsin of #stayhome and for most of us, it’s been a few weeks of #socialdistancing. How are we all doing? I had a few meltdowns and long days this week between working full time from home, while entertaining a toddler, and being very, very pregnant. But, you know what made it better? All of you who reached out to me after I talked about my low moments on Instagram, and said you’re going through the same thing.
This is why community is so important! Call a friend or better yet, FaceTime! I spent an hour chatting with a girlfriend on FaceTime this week and it did wonders for my mood. Talk to each other when you’re feeling blue. I guarantee you they are in the same boat as this we all try to find a “new normal” right now. They may have some encouraging words for you as well. In the midst of all of this, I cannot thank all the essential employees enough who are still out on the front lines every day while most of us get to be at home. You all put my complaining in perspective. You all are our heroes!
Guilt Free Banana Bread
You guys, you have to make this! For one, it’s so easy. Two, everyone loves it, including my husband. Three, it has minimal ingredients and is a fairly clean indulgence. I got this recipe from my girl, @_courtneymccarty_ and tweeked it just a bit to add my own touch to it. I thought I would freeze some away, but we’ve already almost finished the loaf! Rookie mistake- I forgot take a picture before we ate it! Enjoy!
What you Need:
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup almond butter (optional)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups flour ( we used whole wheat flour because that was all that was on hand, but coconut or almond flour would be perfect!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar free chocolate chips/ we added dark choc. chips (optional, but delicious)
Preheat oven to 365 degrees F. Whisk eggs, honey, and almond milk in a bowl. Add flour, almond butter, and mashed bananas to combine. Add vanilla extract, cinnamon, and chocolate chips. Pour into loaf pan, and bake for 20ish minutes.
We kept it super simple this week with some finger painting, coloring, lots of outdoor time, and some dinosaur digs with kinetic sand. I got this dinosaur kit off of Amazon! Click the picture for the direct link.
Next week’s activities will include:
- Cereal Sorting with Froot Loops- We are going to talk about colors and sorting. They have print outs for this online that you can download here. I just made my own because my printer was out of colored ink.
- Ripping and Tearing colored tape- This is a great sensory activity for toddlers. We’ll talk about how the tape feels sticky. It’s also great for developing fine motor skill as they learn how to tear the tape. I got a multicolor pack of six on Amazon. Click the picture for a direct link.
- More outdoor play
Spring Entry Decor
I added a touch of spring to our home recently with some items that I had gotten before #socialdistancing and some of it online. Here is a before and after of what I did. I’ll link everything and similar items below.
That’s it! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!