Here’s what I want you to do- right now: Pull out a pen and paper and write down things that bring you joy. I don’t even want you to think about it— just write what comes to mind—write down what brings immense joy to your soul and brings a smile to your face. What fills up your cup?
What my list looks like:
I did this exercise myself, and here’s what I came up with:
- Running/ working out- any type of fitness that gets my endorphins going
- Creating whole food, healthy meals that satisfy and nourish my body…. And then taking pictures of them 🙂
- Drinking wine while cooking and the music is on in the background—I’m all about the ambiance, people!
- Plants- I absolutely love spending time in a plant nursery, surrounded by greenery. I love planting plants, looking at plants, etc. There is something that is so life giving about it— quite literally!
- Writing- I love writing. I love the process. I love researching and then being able to apply it. It gives me energy.
- Decorating- Decorating for me is like drinking 5 shots of espresso for someone else. It literally gives me so much adrenaline and energy. I love it!
You get the point—these are just a few of mine. You may have more than this or less than this.
Now Your Turn
Now, I want you to look at your list, and think of the last time you did one of those things? Take inventory of how often you have done any of the things you wrote on that list. If you enjoy painting, but can’t remember the last time you painted, look up a local paint class in your area. Heck- make it fun and look up one of those wine and paint nights! Do you love to cook? Look up a local cooking class, where you can share your love for cooking with others who share the same passion, and you’ll hopefully learn a new recipe along the way!
Want to share your list with me and the rest of our readers? Post in the comments below! I’d love to hear what brings your joy.